ODTÜ/METU International Students Office provides professional support and advising services to all incoming and currently enrolled international degree students.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are primarily offering appointments via remote services to protect both students and staff. Phone services and virtual appointments are available. Please refer to the communication methods below.
(Do not forget that most of your questions already have their answers on our website! We have a very comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions.)
Please remember that email correspondence (iso [at] metu.edu.tr) is our primary preference for communication with prospective and ongoing international students.
1. Via phone or e-mail
Students who need assistance may speak with International Student Advisors over the phone or send an e-mail. Contact details of the ISO staff are given below.
- Erdem Ceydilek (Ph.D.)
International Students Advisor (Office Coordinator) / +90 312 210 71 89 / iso[at]metu.edu.tr / ceydilek[at]metu.edu.tr
- Aysun Güneş (Ph.D. Candidate)
International Students Advisor / +90 312 210 34 14 / iso[at]metu.edu.tr
- Toygun Karahasanoğlu (Ph.D. Candidate)
International Students Advisor / +90 312 210 71 71 / iso[at]metu.edu.tr
- Osman Akçay
International Students Advisor / +90 312 210 41 81 / iso[at]metu.edu.tr
2. Via online meeting
Students could also reach the ISO staff by online appointment.
Students may schedule a virtual appointment utilizing our online appointment scheduler at least 2 hours in advance from the desired meeting time. Appointments are subject to availability. Once you submit your appointment request, you will receive a confirmation email that includes the meeting details, including the Zoom link.
3. Walk-In Office Hours
Please first exhaust the remote service options explained above before physically visiting our office. Note that if you choose to walk in at times other than Friday 13:30-16:00, you may not be able to meet with the ISO staff.
If you think that you certainly need a meeting with ISO staff face-to-face at a time other than Friday 13:30-16:00, please first call the ISO so that a face-to-face meeting could be scheduled for you.
If necessary, walk-in office hours will be increased in certain periods of the academic year and it will be announced here.
Our office address is given below:
Üniversiteler Mahallesi, Dumlupınar Bulvarı No: 1,
MM Building, 4th floor, Room No: 424
06800, Çankaya / Ankara, TÜRKİYE
4. Paperwork Drop-Off/Collection
- Official documents (student certificate, transcript, educational certificate, student ID cards, diploma, etc.) are not provided by the ISO, but by the Registrar's Office. Please remember that student certificates, transcripts, and educational certificates are also provided in electronic format. For further information, please see the Documents menu at http://oidb.metu.edu.tr/en
- The Residence Permit Information Forms (a.k.a. the expected date of graduation document) required for your residence permit application is also provided only in electronic format. See here for details: http://iso.metu.edu.tr/en/residence-permit
- If you want to submit a petition regarding an official request/complaint, you need to submit your petition to the Documentation Unit in the Presidency Building, -1 floor.
- We will make specific announcements regarding the university registrations and the residence permit document submissions in due time. Please follow the related announcements at the ISO website and your e-mails regarding the document submissions for registration and residence permit.